Saturday, February 1, 2014

Trend report: dressed up ripped jeans

Are ripped jeans back? According to street style bloggers, tumblr, lookbook, etc. they are. I guess they never really went out of style but ripped jeans seem to be so chic and stylish lately. I can't get enough. Ripped jeans have come back in a new way. Everyone has or had a pair that was worn super casually. Those ripped jeans were the boyfriend jeans: long, over sized, baggy, and ripped. I was never a huge fan of those because well, I never really loved the whole menswear trend. Call me and anti-feminist or something but I kind of like dressing like a woman. Sorry.

I love this trend because its no longer a casual piece. I love these with heels and leather jackets and a pop of color on a leather bag.

This is something great because you can still wear these while it's cold and winter is ending but they can't be transitioned into spring. I, myself love normal ripped denim but simple black ones are super chis too. I think my ultimate pair or ripped jeans would be skinny, black, and ripped just on each knee. I'm still on the hunt for a pair of those.

Let me know what you think of this not so new trend.

*I do not own any of these photos

No comments:

Post a Comment