Saturday, April 19, 2014

Favorite makeup under $10


High end makeup is great- except for the price. And drugstore make is great for the price but the quality sometimes lacks. My every day makeup routine is mostly high end but there are some drugstore products that I could not live without. Not to say that everything else from the drugstore is crap and not everything from Sephora is phenomenal. 



I swear this is the best foundation ever. Not even just the best from the drugstore. It covers to amazingly and stays on all day. I don't have very oily skin so I don't set this but it dries to a powder finish. Normally i set my makeup because I hate that stick, cakey, wet feeling that most foundations leave behind. I have never seen a foundation that sets quite like this. Every other one that claims to set to a matte, powder finish that I've tried doesn't do remotely that. This best part about this is that it looks natural. It will not cling to dry spots on skin any more than another foundation. I cannot rave about this enough. They have a huge color selection with the lighter colors ending in 5 being more warm and the ones ending in 0 being more cool. It has a pump and it is everything I could ask for. 


I love this primer. I won't bore you with the details because I have a full review of this up. Check it out by clicking the link here. If you don't feel like reading that; basically this makes your skin look so smooth that it appears to have been gone over by a real-life photoshop retouching tool. 


This is an oldy but a goody. I have been using this since I was 14 years old. It makes lining your eyes so easy. It has a rubber elongated cone shaped tip. You can get the straightest line with this. I love that it lasts all day but all it takes is a little water to remove it at night. Don't ask me how that is possible. If you are a beginner or a pro at liquid liner, pick this up. 


Finally, the one thing high end can't even compete with; mascara. Drugstore mascara is so awesome because at most, they cost like $9. High end mascaras are crazy expensive and you have to throw them out after a few months. 

I have also been purchasing Falsies since I was 15. If your eyelashes don't look amazing after a coat or two of another mascara, layer this on top. I don't love it on its own but just a simple primer underneath will do fine. This adds such great length and volume and has the perfect curved brush for getting every last lash. 

Great Lash is a staple but if you've never tried the 'lots of lashes' version, you're missing out. The brush is heart-shaped and it gives amazing definition and length to your lashes. This is one of the cheaper mascaras but it is a million times better than the original that everyone has tried. 

Finally a lash primer. This isn't something that everyone uses but totally should. There aren't too many and I think you can only find Hard Candy at walmart or online but its worth it. First of all, its called 'lash weave'. How great is that? This is a clear-white mascara with tones of little itty bitty fibers in it that cling to your lashes and make them fuller and longer. If you've never used a lash primer, try it unless you like short thin lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment