Thursday, February 13, 2014

Healthy and easy homemade ice cream- only 2 ingredients

Everyone made their New Year's resolution to eat healthier right? And you could totally handle until you found some ice cream in the freezer and binge ate the entire carton while watching The Notebook. I have a really easy recipe that only requires 2 ingredients. I'm not saying this is necessarily healthy but that may depend on your take of healthy food. This is not clean or raw or vegan or anything like that but its so much better than Ben and Jerrys (sorry I know I love them too) or Breyers. It takes similar to ice cream or gelato.

You're only going to need frozen fruit (I think mango works the best) and cool whip. You can use the fat free or any variation of it.

Take them out of the freezer and let them soften just a little.

Next throw these into your Nutribullet/blender/food processor. I use my nurtibullet but any kitchen gadget of this type will work. Add one heaping tablespoon of cool whip per handful of mango.

Blend it, scraping the sides often. You can blend this for longer if you want is really smooth or for less if you want a few chunks in it. 30 seconds give or take will be fine.

Throw the mixture back in the freezer for a few minutes. While the fruit is being blended I find it sometimes thaws a bit too much.
Now enjoy your healthier whipped fruit dessert. Feel free to add some chopped nuts or any other healthy topping.

*note I do not own the images in this post. 

2 comments: